Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The point may be moo - the news is goo(d)

As a condition of my physical problems this past weekend, I had to see my PCP [not Angel Dust but my Primary Care Physician, for those who don’t speak Managed Healthcare] and my Neurologist.

Heres the good news: my problems this past weekend were caused by an ulnar neuropathy, which in effect means that my left elbow and the nerve endings contained therein are the culprit behind the weakness in my indispensible left hand. It was a case of the old vaudeville joke: “Doctor, my elbow hurts when I do this.” And the doctor says “So don’t do that. Pay the receptionist at checkout.”

So. . .instead of buying a new Black and Decker Firestorm cordless drill or treating SWMBO to dinner at Moni’s in Arlington, I fork over the same cash for a hoary old Smith and Dale routine from the 1910's. It would drive me to drink [if I still drank], but I shouldn’t bend my elbow.
Ba-dum-ching! Thank you - we're here all week - try the veal!

Speaking of hoary old Vaudeville schtick, tune into Dr. Horrible’s Sing-along . Neil Patrick Harris is very funny in a 3-part musical written by Josh Whedon. Also, for those who don’t know about Brook McEldowney, go to and check out PIBGORN, then look at his blog and check out 9 CHICKWEED LANE. My kinda funny.

No comments: